Ecological Job Vacancies
Position: Seasonal field worker / seasonal ecologist
Salary: £17,000 per annum
Location: Wareham, Dorset
Lindsay Carrington Ecological Services Limited is a professional commercial ecological consultancy based near Wareham, Dorset. We work with a wide range of clients from private home owners through to large scale developers and pride ourselves in our reputation for delivering high quality results. We offer a full range of ecological surveys and assessments across the south of England.
We are looking for seasonal ecologists to join our team to assist us with a range of ecological survey work between April and October 2018. A typical week will include planning and preparing for surveys, undertaking Phase 1 habitat and Phase 2 species surveys, reporting and analysis of recorded data.
The work will be full time 37.5 hours per week for a fixed six month period. Candidates will be expected to work flexibly as the role requires evening and night work as well as regular weekday nights away from home.
The position will be based at our office near Wareham.
Skills and experience
- Degree in Ecology or similar discipline or suitable experience with at least one year’s work experience.
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle.
Seasonal field worker / seasonal ecologist’s responsibilities
- Assisting with surveys under supervision, with appropriate scientific rigour.
- Bat sonogram analysis with help if required.
- Ensure results tables are completed correctly and results are submitted regularly.
- Preparing basic reports to a good level, e.g. small sites; negative bat certificates, with accurate written communication and a good standard of English.
- Desk studies, good understanding of all aspects, good use of numerical data and appropriate SI units.
- Survey preparation, preparing maps and ensure all appropriate information is gathered for survey and all equipment is in working order etc.
- Work well within a team, helping to show good verbal and written communication skills and promoting a professional and positive culture within the Company.
- Follow company policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies.
- Take responsibility for own Health and Safety. Undertake appropriate training provided, ensure line managers are aware of any training needs.
- Provide end of season feedback where appropriate.
- To maintain a good working relationship with clients and other stakeholders.
- To play an active part in multi-disciplinary teams, providing necessary support and expertise to allow the Company’s activities to perform at a consistently high level of quality.
- To adhere and contribute to the Company’s quality procedures.
- To take part in the smooth general running of the offices and act in a professional manner at all times.
- Required to be a good team worker, able to listen and value instruction.
- Have the ability to carry out detailed work and to show initiative.
- Have a willingness to work unsociable hours.
- Have the ability to present a range of information confidently.
Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter to Phil Upton, Lindsay Carrington Ecological Services Limited, The Old Squash Court, Rempstone Hall, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 5JQ or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications – 19th February 2018
Interviews will be held between the 5th and 9th March 2018. Dates and times to be confirmed.
Lindsay Carrington Ecological Services Limited is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.